GONZALEZ UPDATE

Our happenings, thoughts and other fun stuff

November 18, 2008

Building more than a home

So this last week was a wonderful experience for me (Jeremy). At the outset of the week I was a little bothered by not being able to go with my wife to the migrant camp but also excited about building again. The week started off wonderful with the team from Canada ariving and dinner with the family receiving the house. I was there and available to serve. I met my team and was able to introduce them to the family. The relationship building began. The week continued and the house was built, but more importantly relationships were built. I had a wonderful time with that group of Canadians. The relationships built with the family that received the home are strong. But I believe the most important building is the bond and strength of our relationship with God. God touched me in a special way that no words can give it justice. For the first time I translated for a house dedication. I was nervous to say the least. relaying what each member had to say to the family went well. Then came the mothers' turn to share. Relaying her thanks and gratitude to the team was a dificult task and one I could not accomplish without emotion. This family felt the love of God through the actions of this Canadian team. It was a beautiful thing.

Captured by God
Jeremy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home