GONZALEZ UPDATE

Our happenings, thoughts and other fun stuff

March 11, 2009

The Milk Story...

Ok, so if you've already gotten our prayer letter and come looking for the milk story, sorry it hasn't been posted until now!

So. It was the week of Thanksgiving. Things were tight, but I thought we could make it through the month. My family was coming for Thanksgiving, so we had set aside a little extra in to our food budget. But it was a few days before Thanksgiving, and we had somehow run out of milk. And money. It was one of those weeks where you ask God, "Ok, what now?". All I kept hearing from Him is that lovely verse about the sparrows not wanting for food.

I tried not to worry too much. Later that day, a friend of a friend came in to where we were working and said he was running to Costco, do we need anything? Without thinking I say "MILK!" Five seconds later I'm metally kicking myself, because how it the world are we going to pay him back? Ok, maybe we can scrape together enough change between our American and peso collections.

He comes back a few hours later with two gallons of milk and says "Here you guys go, don't worry about it." I think I almost cried. God always provides for all our needs, even the silly little ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home